Château de Ricey-bas

Construction of the château on its present site dates back to 1086, by Robert 1er, Seigneur de Ricey. The château passed from family to family for most of the 14th c. and early 15th c. It was devastated several times and was no longer inhabited. Chancellor Rolin acquired Château de Ricey around the 15th c. Most of the work was carried out between the 16th and 18th centuries.